Arriving by plane
Somaliland has two international gateways for arrival by air: Hargeisa Egal International Airport (HGA) and Berbera International Airport (BBO).
- Ethiopian airline: Daily flight from the main cities of the world to Hargeisa (HGA) via Addis Ababa.
- Flydubai: Direct four times weekly service to Hargeisa.
- Air Arabia: Two weekly flights from Sharjah to Hargeisa.
- Daallo Airlines: Two weekly flights from Dubai to Hargeisa for more detailed flight schedule and information please check their website, www.daallo.com
- Juba Airways: Two weekly flights from Dubai to Hargeisa for more detailed flight schedule and information please check their website www.jubba-airways.com
- Airdjibout: you can check their schedule here: http://www.air-djibouti.com/destinations/hargeisa
Arriving by Car:
Ethiopia: You can enter Somaliland from Ethiopia by road and we will pick you up from the border town Wajaale. However, if you plan to leave Somaliland by road it is advisable to make Ethiopian Visa arrangements (multiple entry) before travelling to Somaliland otherwise you will need another entry visa The Ethiopian visa in Hargeisa is easy to get, requires no paperwork and is available in two days – cost $20).
Djibouti: The land border between Somaliland and Djibouti is open and you can travel 4×4 Landcruiser but it will take 2 days journey border crossing is at Loya’ada.and the road is really rough
NB: Coming and going back to Djibouti, the airline ticket is cheaper than travelling by car.